06.01.09 Heavenly Calendar, 17.02.2021 Gregorian Calendar
- Sun Myung Moon, 101 years, 06.01.1920 – 17.07.2012 (lunar calendar)
- Hak Ja Han , 78 years, 06.01.1943 –
Here are some excerpts from the Cheon Seong Gyeong 2014: The Holy Scripture of Cheon Il Guk on this Holy Day:
Book 11 Ceremonies and Holy Days
CHAPTER 5. The Holy Days and Anniversaries
Section 1. Holy Days
True Parents’ Birthday
16. Because of the Fall, the True Father had to emerge first, before the True Parents together. Today, believers in many religions surely wish that their own founder were the True Father, but God takes a different viewpoint. The person in the position of the True Father is to be born in the religion of religions. The True Father is the person who is qualified to procreate true children, that is, he is qualified to turn fallen children into true children. (83-043, 1976.02.05)
17. A historic time of transition is coming to the entire world. It is historically significant that today we celebrate True Parents’ Birthday. Not only we Unification Church members but also spirits from the spirit world — Unification Church members who went to the spirit world, Christians in the spirit world and all good spirits — have entered the realm where they can be celebrating this day together with us. We human beings on earth must serve as guideposts to lead heavenly fortune in one direction. Today, people who follow moral rules and who believe in religion must take responsibility to fulfill this. Yet, few among them are even dreaming this in their dreams. Most of them think they will go to the heavenly kingdom based on blind faith. In light of this, the fact that we are celebrating True Parents’ Birthday today has cosmic significance. In the future, only those who genuinely celebrate True Parents’ Birthday will be able to celebrate their own birthdays. (83-113, 1976.02.05)
18. It is an amazing fact that people of all five races have gathered here to celebrate my birthday. Who made this possible? It was not I. God’s Will and God’s love made it possible. Other people do not know, but you people know God’s Will and you know God’s love that dwells in the hearts of Unification Church members. Although the world opposes us and although this nation opposes us, we who know these things must march forward to accomplish God’s Will, grateful to the end even if we must sacrifice everything we have. We know that doing this has the greatest value; therefore nothing can deter us. We may encounter great trials and tribulations, but we must overcome them no matter how difficult they are. Even if we are bombarded with things of no value from this world, we will nevertheless defend God’s Will at the cost of our lives. We must be proud that we are investing our lives in order to seek God’s love. Today all of you are congratulating Mother and me on our joint birthday. Although I am grateful to you for that, before doing so you have to resolve to unite all five races of humankind in front of God’s Will and His love. Then you can celebrate this day on which Mother and I are united as one, and also offer praises to God. (096-268, 1978.02.12)
Read more in the Cheon Seong Gyeong 2014 here…
Note about references. Each reference indicates the volume and page number where the passage appears in the series The Sermons of the Reverend Sun Myung Moon (published in the original Korean), plus the date the words were spoken (year, month, day). For example, “096-268, 1978.02.12” indicates that the content from that extract came from Volume 96, page 268, and that the speech was given on February 2, 1978.
Featured image at top: Today’s World magazine, March-April 2010, p. 4, accessed Feb. 16, 2021.